The Indian School of Business (ISB) launched a new Management Programme for Family Business (MFAB) on December 2012. This exclusive programme is designed for younger generation with strong intention in managing the family business. This management program helps the candidates or participants to understand the business better and lead it in an effective way in increased competition. The programme is designed from the best management practices in family business round the globe. The program covers the important business areas like objective setting, planning and astute management.
The programme includes several pedagogical tools to boost up the learning experience of the candidates.
- Online preparatory courses: Candidates have to attend five online analytical foundation courses. The courses are taken from Harvard School Publishing and the candidates have to spend around 120 to 150 hours to prepare before the commencement of classes.
- Pre-course readings: Pre-course reading material is uploaded to Learning Management System. Participants or candidates have to go through this material and come prepared for classroom sessions.
- Speaker Series: Speaker series or visits are organized during the MFAB course. These visits or interactions add benefits to the classroom learning. The school also arranges several seminars and annual conference with entrepreneurs and business heads as guest speakers.
- Simulations: These are generally software programmes that imitate real-life business situations. The course participants working alone and in teams are instructed to take decisions for the conditions specified by this software.
Assessments: Several assessment modes are used in this program to asses the learning and performance of the students. An examination is conducted for the participants at the end of each course to assess the learning skills of the participant. The participant must get an overall passing grade to complete the program successfully.
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent certification. Applicants undergoing bachelor’s degree can’t submit the application. They should have completed the course to submit the application.
- Work experience is not mandatory. However ISB strongly believes that 4-5 years of business experience can add great value.
Apart from the academic qualifications, participants are also evaluated on the combinations of factors like
- Business leadership potential
- Family business knowledge
- Achievement orientation
- Undergraduate degree performance
- Work experience
- BAT score
- Size, scale, complexity of business and the length of business existence
Applicants should submit the following documents along with completed applications
- Copy of Passport
- Color Photograph
- Mark sheets of Bachelors Degree/transcripts for all semesters or years
- Certificate of Bachelors degree
- Transcripts, mark sheets and certificates of additional educational qualifications if applicable
- Income proof
- Business card.
All the applicants have to appear for Business Aptitude Test (BAT). Interview cards will be sent for the shortlisted applicants before 7 days of the scheduled date.
Admission Information Sessions
MFAB programme conducts information sessions at important cities. The session provides the participants with good chance to meet and interact with the MFAB programme office members to know in detail about the programs. You can get more information about the sessions from MFAB programme office.
Business Aptitude Test (BAT)
BAT is divided in to TWO (2) independent modules.
- MCQ aptitude test with Quantitative and Verbal questions to promote the approach of the candidate in communication, problem solving, logical thinking, numerical & factual data management
- Case study – This is developed to check the business acumen and career maturity of the candidate for graduate business education program.
|FEE ITEM||FEE (INR)||SERVICE TAX||TOTAL (INR)|
|Total Amount Payable||35,00,000||5,25,000||40,25,000|
Communication Analysis (15 Questions & 30 minutes)
- Contextual Understanding
- Summary and Inference
- Analysis of passages in accordance with main themes, logical inferences and relevant points.
Critical Thinking (15 Questions & 30 minutes)
- Logical Reasoning
- Information Completeness
- Finding and managing the components of problem to deliver the right or to simply determine its solvability.
Data Analysis and Problem solving (15 Questions & 30 minutes)
- Algebraic Mathematics
- Efficiency and Fluency in using business related mathematics
Data Interpretation (15 Questions & 30 minutes)
- Mathematical Caselets
- Quantitative information completeness
- Data Significant with standard mathematical logical questions, multiple linked mini case questions to test arithmetic and Algebra in accordance with business scenario.
- Case Study : Analysis and absorption of business challenges and opportunities
You can download BAT practice booklets for each of the modules.
The tuition fee includes food, accommodation, books and course material. Travel cost are not included in the fees. Refundable amount of INR 25,000 has to be paid in addition to the programme fee. The amount will be refundable after deducting the dues payable to the school.
Applicants can pay the tuition fee in four equal installments over 12 months. ISB holds the right to revise the programme fee.
Essay 1: Why do you intend to pursue MFAB program? (500 words max)
Essay 2: Describe an important initiative that your business has undertaken during the past 5 years. Explain why you consider it important. You may share an initiative taken by your company even if you were not necessarily involved or associated with it. (500 words max)
Essay 3: According to you, what are the main challenges faced by your business and how would you address them? (500 words max)
Additional Essay 4: Examples of things to list here would include explanations for gaps in work or education, inconsistent or below average academic performance. Use this space to also highlight work and non-work related awards & achievements which you feel would add value to your application. (500 words max)
Application Deadline: October 30, 2016
Application Deadline: December 15, 2016